Help replacing samsung ue40f6500 but what with? Needs to have BT headphone option

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by mccltd, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mccltd

mccltd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im wanting to change/upgrade my current Samsung UE40F6500 thats in the bedroom.

Obviously wanting to go to 4K but confused with all the Hed,hdr Ultra. Is 4k Ultra HDR the best to go for other than OLED?

The tv needs to have ( hence the upgrade ) option to connect to my bluetooth headphones for when the misses falls asleep.
    Also wall mountable and able to run Plex.

Can anyone offer and help/advise.

Many thanks,

Dave
    Happy New Year.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    1. What size are you looking at?
    2. Make sure you sit close enough if you're viewing UHD to notice the increased resolution.
    3. Do you care for the quality of non HD content like streams or TV channels which aren't HD? If so you may want to reconsider going UHD as these look worse on an UHD TV.
    4. Have you considered just getting a Bluetooth transmitter for your current TV and just using an external smart solution like a fire TV stick for Plex? It will likely work a lot better than the TVs smart TV.

3. mccltd

mccltd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for those points.
    Looking at 40-43" as current 40" seems fine. This is in a bedroom and about 10 ft away from head.
    Reading you point number 2 it would appear at 75" is recommend. Wow I have a 65" in my lounge and that about 18ft away.
    Currently I use the Plex app from the Samsung store on the tele and that appears to work fine. I have a fire stick for Plex in my downstair tv.
    I also have Sky Q about to arrive with it many faults I'm reading about.
    Maybe I should just use a BT transmitter as you mentioned but this would this go into the tele and have it audio volume adjusted by the tv?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    I think that you're better off sticking with what you have if I am being honest, at that size and distance you'd be hard pressed to notice a quality difference between 720p and 1080p let alone 2160p.

For the adaptor I think if you plug in to the headphone socket on the TV you will lose the TVs speaker audio so you would need to utilise the optical output on the back of the TV if you don't want to be getting up each time. You then switch volume sources in the tv's menu and control the volume on your headphones when using the external output.

Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Transmitter for Smart TV XBOX PS4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

If you're getting the Sky Q mini box in your bedroom its 1080p max anyway, but it also has a AV out socket so you can also plug your transmitter in there if you want to listen and adjust its volume using the Sky box itself.