Help - replacing a pull down screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mightyoakbob, Jul 18, 2015.

1. mightyoakbob

mightyoakbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi,

For around 10 years we've been using an 8 feet wide pull down screen for our projector / home cinema.

Unlike most people, we prefer to look down on the screen image and our current screen pulls right down to the floor. The bottom of the projected image is only about 10 inches above the floor and we want to keep it that way. The screen has no black border or any black at all and I'm pretty sure it was made for the education / schools market. It was made in the USA by LUMA.

The ratchet mechanism which allows you to set the screen to any height has now failed and the screen will no longer stay down. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I could be persuaded to go electric if it wasn't too expensive.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Bob.

2. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    I have just installed a Sapphire SWS270WSF-ASR2 manual slow retraction screen. I can get the bottom my screen to go to 18" above the floor. It has a 50cm border at the top and roughly 5cm border around the edges. I found it quite easy to install and pleased with the results it gives.

3. mightyoakbob

mightyoakbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thank you.

Is your screen mounted on the ceiling and is that 8ft high?

Cheers,

Bob.

4. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    the screen is ceiling mounted and our ceiling is 104" high so around 8.5 foot.