1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help replacement needed

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by noel.cocker, Oct 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. noel.cocker

noel.cocker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to replace a my JVC-J600EK video recorder.

The new VCR must be able to record teletext for subtitles.

Does anyone have any recommendations of models or sites.

cheers

Noel

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Panasonic used to do a couple of models that could record subtitles. But even more impressive was the fact they had a built in 'closed caption reader' for displaying subtitles from the many pre-recorded tapes you can buy or rent. Check the panasonic website.

Also, any make of 'SVHS' video recorders will record subtitles, even if it is not listed as a feature. This is because they record a higher bandwidth (which includes teletext information) from the tv signal.
    You could even look up a complete text page recorded from a previous day with an SVHS recorder.

Now that prices have come down, you can expect to pay just £200 - £250 for SVHS with all the bells and whistles.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Miller Brothers have just opened in Crewe Ches, and are doing the Panasonic 820 s-vhs deck for £150, retail is £250, I payed £220 a few weeks ago :(

You are in the North west so you maybe close to them, Phone them on 01270 501111 this deal probably wont last long.

4. noel.cocker

noel.cocker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help