Help regarding my PC boot up and drivers

Wirelessjack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I installed Advanced system care on my PC and now my PC takes nearly an hour to boot up and my CPU is throttled at 100 percent when idle. I noticed that Advanced system boot installed 2 new drivers for standard SATA AHCI Controller and in task manager, it is showing as Windows logon GUI application is running at 97 percent!

My PC is only a month old has has fairly high specs, what's my best solution?

Open task manager to see what is using your cpu resources.
Everything was fine apart from the CPU throttling at 100 percent, Windows logon GUI application using all the allocated power. Strangely if I run a game or photo editing software the CPU drops down to around 50 percent

Have you been to the motherboard manufacturer website, downloaded and installed all current drivers?

Have you booted the machine in safe mode? Was it still the same?

Is this a pre built system? Or have you built it yourself?

Have you been to the motherboard manufacturer website, downloaded and installed all current drivers?

Have you booted the machine in safe mode? Was it still the same?

Is this a pre built system? Or have you built it yourself?
I still have the drivers from MSI so I'm going to install them again, my pc was running fine until I installed some editing software and advanced system care with deiced to install some unknown drivers for me! And yeah I always build my own rigs

Sounds like malware or a virus.
You need to remove the programme and all the crap it installed.
I removed both offending programs but they left a bunch of crap behind and some .DLL files that wouldn't delete. Managed to delete them , installed malware bytes which detected a few naughty files , deleted them and did a restart and works perfectly again ! Moral of the story stop downloading crap on to my pc

What program do you need? Loads of knowledgeable people here can advise.

I was just after some software to optimise my pc really
Personally, I wouldn't go down that rabbit hole.
You are well able to keep your machine running tip top without bloatware.
Spybot search and destroy is a great free tool to keep your registry in order and malware free. No ads and spyware included.

Personally, I wouldn't go down that rabbit hole.
You are well able to keep your machine running tip top without bloatware.
Spybot search and destroy is a great free tool to keep your registry in order and malware free. No ads and spyware included.
Thanks, I will take a look at spybot

As the fine gentleman above said, steer well clear of PC optimisation software that claims to sort all your PC's ills. As you found out they just end up messing it up even more. Windows 10 is a lot better than previous versions in keeping itself reasonably tidy, although not perfect of course!

If you have an MSI motherboard, do they have a motherboard software suite that shows you driver versions and links to the latest version?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom