Help regarding component cables

Naveen.Hvs

Standard Member
i recently bought component cables : oceanic stm digital series

I dont think this is a good company cable ..anywayz here is the link for this cable:

http://cgi.ebay.in/Component-Video-...ryZ14968QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i hav some questions regarding this:

1]. Do anybody use this here or can u confirm that is this a good cable?

2]. I dont see any change when compared component to composite video while watching dvd's..is this becoz of this cable

3].Should i need to change the cable and get a new monster's cable ...will there be any benefit by doing so?

plz reply..

Will be greatful to u

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum!!

I'm afraid that as this is a predominately UK based site, not many people will know much about that cable, especially as it's sold on ebay.in and not a brand name that we might be familiar with. Sorry, I couldn't say it's a good or bad cable and whether you would notice a significant difference would depend on the source(player) and display. I wouldn't recommend Monster cables as they're simply too expensive. Yes they are well made but so are a lot of other cable manufacturer's that don't charge the earth and make rediculous claims about what their cables can do. You need a science degree to understand a Monster advertisement. I don't know which brands are available in India but if QED, Ixos, Profigold have indian distributors I would look there.

Naveen.Hvs

Standard Member
Thanx for ur reply dave..

i also want to know whether the quality of cable matters much..actually i was said that these oceanic cables are Very high quality, 24k gold plated metal connectors,75-ohm Impedance cables...

will i notice great difference between composite video and component video after buying standard cables ?

MarkTaylor

Novice Member
will i notice great difference between composite video and component video after buying standard cables ?
As Dave said, it is hard to answer the question without knowing what the source and the display are.

Under normal circumstances yes, you would expect to see an improvement but if the source or the display are poor quality then it may be hard to notice the difference.

Naveen.Hvs

Standard Member
As Dave said, it is hard to answer the question without knowing what the source and the display are.

Under normal circumstances yes, you would expect to see an improvement but if the source or the display are poor quality then it may be hard to notice the difference.
sorry.i forgot to mention them..:

source: sony dvd player- Mhc Gnz 8D

Display: samsung lcd tv- la40R8

MarkTaylor

Novice Member
Thanks for the details.

So you have an integrated DVD/amp sending SD material to an HD Ready panel capable of 720p.

In that situation I'd still expect to be able to see some difference between composite and component but the quality will be very dependant upon how good the screen is at scaling the SD material to fit.

I'm not a great fan of LCD screens displaying SD material but that doesn't mean people can't get a picture quality that they can be happy with.

Have you spent much time adjusting the screen settings to get the picture looking as good as you can?

You may find that if you had done that previously with composite that you'll need to do the same again to get it looking as good as it can with component.

How long are the component leads you've purchased? If they are short then I really doubt there is likely to be enough wrong with them to be the cause of your problems as they would have to be very poorly made indeed.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom