• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help/recommendations needed on a surround sound sound system

sonnybronson

Standard Member
Hi im on the lookout for a new surround sound system as my current sony one is a bottom of the range model & has no connectivity & only plays in 5.1 if you are playing a DVD.

Im not bothered about a dvd player as i have a ps3 & an xbox, i just need to get a surround system which i can run everything through & get 5.1 out of everything..(if possible?) but mainly for the ps3 & xbox 360...

My budget is around the £200 - £300 mark or cheaper...
Im fairly new to this sort of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont really know where to start when it comes to surround systems...

My set up is as follows...

Samsung 40" LE40R74BD (1 x HDMI input)
SKY+
PS£
XBOX 360 + HD DRIVE

I am using a joytech hdmi tri link switcher for the hdmi connections to the tv as the tv only has one hdmi input if this helps matters.

can anyone recommend any good systems????

thankyou.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom