HELP!!! Rear Speakers

M

MURFER

I have had my TV (Philips 32PW6826c ) for 2 weeks now & am very happy with the quality of the picture but I want to Improve the sound.

I dont have an amp to run the speakers through so I was thinking of getting the Philips Cordless rear speakers for It.

Also while im here Is there any way of plugging speakers directly into the tv as there seems to be loads of outputs on the back.

Sorry for being so thick but hopefully you can all bring me up to speed.

Murfer

Yes you can most likely plug speakers into the back of this tv. If it's a Pro Logic / DD one then you should have a load of labeled outputs on the back. Just plug the speakers into the appropriate ones (RL / RR) etc.

Dave

Thanks for that Dave. I shall have a look when I get home.

Will It make a big difference having the rears as the tv has built in fronts & sub, & could i plug more then just the rears In.

If you've never had rear speakers plugged in, then yes it will make a big difference. Some TVs have outputs for all of their speaker channels, but be warned the internal amps are likely to be puny, like 10w or something. Better to feed the outputs from phonos / Optical into an amp and running your speakers from there. But as you don't have an amp yet, just give the rear speakers a go for now.

When I got me tele I was happy with just the rears for ages. I then plugged in a set of interconnects from the FR FL outputs on the back of the tele into my stereo amp. Select the appropriate source whilst watching and voila, amplified front left and right. Made it sound great. That was until I got my Marantz SR6200 and better front / rears :D :)

Welcome to the world of spending too much cash on home cinema :)

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom