1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP !!! Read "...PX2 is out - should I get..." - What are "scrolling bars" on P

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Longshot, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Longshot

Longshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,

I posted this at the end of the "...PX2 is out - should I get..." thread, but I thought I'd post it again in a new thread in case nobody noticed !
    -'cos there arn't too many PS2's left and I'd appreciate some help asap :)

Having read everything on other threads about the Sony 44" RP sets, I'm just one short step away from getting my first RP set.

It's 50/50 whether I go for the 44PX2 or the 44PS2.

Should the DRC be swinging me to the PS2 ??.

Just what are "scrolling bars", and has this been a big problem on the PS2 ?.

I'm not sure what the other changes on the PX2 are, I've heard the following;

"High Performance Mirror gives improved convergence and brightness "

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated !!! :)

Cheers,

Rob

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think there will be much difference if any in the picture quality of these sets. One has DRC the but the other has this mirror. i have seen both sets (I own the PX") and I could not tell the difference. The PX2 looks a lot better though (style etc) If you can get the PS2 a lot cheaper then go for that one. The only reason I got the PX is because it was an exchange for another £2000 tv. I cant fault it though, BRILLIANT tv. Ask any of the others and im sure they will agree. Somone posted a problem watching football on theirs but I aint had that problem

hth

shaun

3. Longshot

Longshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your advice :)

Best to do a side by side with these two I know, but it's been hard enough finding somewhere that has one or the other let alone both !!!

So, the help from this forum has been pretty crucial in making my decision ;)

I like the look of both sets, so it's basically been a question of which if either, is better and/or what price can I find them at !.

My only real concern has been the mention of "scrolling bars" on the PS2. Has this really been a big problem ??.

Cheers,

Rob