1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help re use of IR Remote IN/OUT relay on DVD32FLR

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Kevinc, May 23, 2005.

1. Kevinc

Kevinc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi I have three queries re the use of the IR Remote OUT relay socket on the rear of my DVD32FLR which I cannot find answered in the instructions and I'd like to be sure of before I start ordering Xantech bits and pieces.

First, does it pass on all the IR signals received by the DVD32FLR's front-mounted IR remote eye sensor, or does it only relay signals received by the IR Remote IN socket on the rear?

Second, if it does pass all signals received by the eye on the front, does it do this even when the DVD32FLR is in "standby" mode?

Finally, is it able to power a single plug-in IR emitter itself or does it need to be connected to a powered IR distribution system?

Many thanks
    Kevin

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi Kevin.

I believe the output only relays what appears on the input socket (without any amplification).

Having tried several different ways of powering my kit rack, I have settled on a Xantech powered amplified distribution and feeding each piece direct from the Xantech distribution strip. You only need to feed one to the DVD32FLR as those commands will be carried to any other TAG kit connected via the TAGTronic bus (if you have not connected the TAGTronic bus up you really should!) assuming you have that option set in the setup menu. This still works if the DVD is in standby. In short feed all other kit directly and feed the TAG kit via the DVD IR input socket.