• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Re:sky+ To Tv With Rgb Cable

pritchard976

Standard Member
hi all, can any1 tell me how to connect my rgb cable from my sky+ box 2 my tv,i have an rgb cable with 3 pins??? each end,however there seems nowhere on sky+ box to plug them in,do i need a scart adaptor on it,or on both end(i have the sockets on tv for it).
many thanks.does this improve the picture better than a standard cheap scart lead.

jw250

I think you may have RGB and 'Component RGB' confused. Sky+ boxes have RGB video capability via its Scart output (the one labelled 'TV' only though) and this will have to be scart at both ends into your TV then make sure to change the settings on the menu under Picture Settings to output RGB rather than the default 'Video'.

There is no adaptor you can use for this. A 3-plug cable will not work with a Sky+ box, only SkyHD has the 3 Red, Green and Blue outputs that use this type of connection. You'll get pretty much the same picture quality using a scart to scart cable with the scart version of RGB going down it (they aren't the same!).

Hope this helps. If you don't have a scart socket then you need to let us know what sockets you have on your TV, the brand, age, model etc.

pritchard976

Standard Member
hi,ur right i am confused,lol,ive currently got sky+ connected to my tv via normal cheap scart lead,i was told i can improve the sky picture by replacing the scart with a decent rgb scartlead,so ive purchased an rgb lead which has the red,green and blue pins on each end,but there is nowhere to plug it in on the sky+ box.so is there a way to get a better picture,and if so what would i need to buy.
many thanks.

kentish_lad

hi,ur right i am confused,lol,ive currently got sky+ connected to my tv via normal cheap scart lead,i was told i can improve the sky picture by replacing the scart with a decent rgb scartlead,so ive purchased an rgb lead which has the red,green and blue pins on each end,but there is nowhere to plug it in on the sky+ box.so is there a way to get a better picture,and if so what would i need to buy.
many thanks.

You have bought the wrong lead, you need a decent scart lead for RGB from sky, when you connect this change picture settings in sky menu from 'PAL to 'RGB'

pritchard976

Standard Member
hi lorrrich,i pm'd u this afternoon,any chance u can give me the link to the correct lead on kenable,please,i got all the others correct that u told me to get and everything is working brilliant.thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom