help re Philips multiregion hack

theritz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a philips 958 dvd player and I intend to use the handset hack from here: http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/philips750.asp

This hack is widely quoted, including on this forum.

I haven't done this kind of thing before, and would appreciate advice from anyone here who's tried this Philips hack.....

Any danger of completely fecking up the dvd player ??:blush:

Does this make the player multiregion, or just region 1 ? (I'm interested in getting region4 discs from an aussie site)

Any other obs you'd care to make ?

I don't stray in here very often, post normally on the projector side, but I'd appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Sean G.

I used this hack on my old Philips 750. Worked a treat with all regions. RCE version 2 hadn't been invented then though!

No longer own it now so can't test it with that, sorry

I bought a one for all 6 to do the RC6 code.

If you don't make a mistake with the keying you should be Ok. God knows what would happen if you put the wrong numbers in though!

DaveP

Thanks Dave,

Didn't think about the RCE issue - anyone out there using a Philips dvd player hacked this way ???

Thanks,

Sean G.

Yes, one I got from supplier and he took it and did it using an engineer's remote. Also did my sisters using a One for All and recently did my new Q50 and it worked fine. I believe the hack also works on Yamaha kit as the inners are Philips and, I guess, will do the Marantz ones too.

Go for it !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom