help re Philips multiregion hack

theritz

Hi guys,

I've got a philips 958 dvd player and I intend to use the handset hack from here: http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/philips750.asp

This hack is widely quoted, including on this forum.

I haven't done this kind of thing before, and would appreciate advice from anyone here who's tried this Philips hack.....

Any danger of completely fecking up the dvd player ??:blush:

Does this make the player multiregion, or just region 1 ? (I'm interested in getting region4 discs from an aussie site)

Any other obs you'd care to make ?

I don't stray in here very often, post normally on the projector side, but I'd appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Sean G.

D

DaveP

I used this hack on my old Philips 750. Worked a treat with all regions. RCE version 2 hadn't been invented then though!

No longer own it now so can't test it with that, sorry

I bought a one for all 6 to do the RC6 code.

If you don't make a mistake with the keying you should be Ok. God knows what would happen if you put the wrong numbers in though!

DaveP

theritz

Thanks Dave,

Didn't think about the RCE issue - anyone out there using a Philips dvd player hacked this way ???

Thanks,

Sean G.

sonofmoth

Standard Member
Yes, one I got from supplier and he took it and did it using an engineer's remote. Also did my sisters using a One for All and recently did my new Q50 and it worked fine. I believe the hack also works on Yamaha kit as the inners are Philips and, I guess, will do the Marantz ones too.

Go for it !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom