Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

help re medion PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by stormjai, Jun 9, 2004.

1. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    bought one of the "special offer" medion PCs from Aldi in April. Now it has gone completely stopped working. The technical department says the motherboard needs replacing, but dont know when they will get any in stock..."problems with supplier".

has anybody else had this problem??

what are my rights regarding returning the computer to Aldi - complete computer failure within 2 months of purchase

thanks for any advice :lease:

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    If it was me I'd ask them to find me an alternative motherboard that is compatable with the rest of the components you have. Make sure it's of similar spec or better though unless they can find a direct replacement imediately. If you have on site warrenty an engineer should come out and fit/replace the mobo for you too. If they don't want to do this then I'd opt for a return and a full refund.

3. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    They now say they should have a motherboard within a week, and somebody to fit it. I will wait and see, otherwise....??

thanks for your reply hawklord.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    If you can live with a week then that's ok, but, that seems a long time to have to wait, It's a good job you don't use it as part of your business or you'd be in the :censored: . When I bought my first pc (many moons ago)from gateway my mobo died after a couple of weeks. They sent someone around the following day who diagnosed the problem and came back to fit a new mobo the following day. My problem was fixed within three days of the initial breakdown.
    I tend to build my own machines now as it's quite easy to do and you learn to fix problems/issues yourself as you go. You get quite a sense of acheivement when you build your own machine and you know that the components used to build it are the best (since you chose them). You can save a few bob too if you shop around:)