help re mains adapters

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stormjai, Feb 17, 2004.

1. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    there,s been lots of talk of improving picture/sound quality with mains filters/purifiers. Does anybody have specific experience. Any good/value mains strips with filters?
    i have sky+ connected to Pio 434, but would like to improve picture quality.

would mains filter help? Do I continue to use supplied mains cable from filtered strip to screen??

Thanks

2. ROBERTT

ROBERTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I also have the Pioneer 434HDE and Sky+. I use an Isotek mini-sub and Isotek mains leads to all components. Unfortunately even with the Isotek in place the PQ from Sky is pretty poor, at least compared to DVD via HDMI 868 :D

Using a 43" screen really highlights the poor bit-rates that Sky use and I am seriously considering junking Sky and tuning into Euro1080. Why should I pay over £42 per month for crap pictures...the more i watch the angrier i get :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    There was an excellent thread six months ago in the DIY forum which has unfortunately disappeared explaining why a decent mains cable would make a difference on a Sky Box. I can't remember the arguments and am not technical but I did buy a replacement mains cable for the Sky box from Mark Grant and I noticed the difference in both picture and sound quality.

I should have also bought another for the DVD player but never got around to it.

I don't know whether Mark still makes them but send him a PM and ask