Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help! Quick question re: Sony HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by msingh_2003, May 16, 2005.

1. msingh_2003

msingh_2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I recently got a SONY HD3 MP3 player. Everything is fine (also the SP change for louder sound, although I didnt seem to see a huge difference and it's still kinda quiet - perhaps I am going deaf!)

I am trying to work out how you can move through a single track quickly. Other than holding down the wind forwards button which is painfully slow, how else can I quickly move through a track? If I have an hour long track isnt there any way to pause it and move through it quickly? I have checked the manual I can't seem to see anything.

2. rhythm&bass

rhythm&bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too have thought that the fast forward is too slow. In fact its slower than in play mode (im sure). The only way to get around it is to use a remote that has full functionality with the player, then you can pause and do the light warp fast forward thing

3. msingh_2003

msingh_2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks alot. Is everyone sure there is NO way to move thru a particular track any faster?

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    No. That's it. I don't bother with the HD3 for my long internet radio recordings, I usually load them onto the iPod or the Karma which fast forwards using the scroll wheel.

5. msingh_2003

msingh_2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks alot, which Sony remotes do this magical "light warp fast forward" thing? I am thinking of buying one but if it doesnt go much faster than normal fast forward there is not much point. The majority of the files on my HD3 are around 1/2 hour to 1 hr long so it was quite a dissapointment to find I couldnt go through a file quickly.

Does the HD5 suffer from the same problem?