Help !!!! Pure One Flow V 2.3 downloading problem ??

B

Bluebird63

Hello to you all...

I need your help with my new Pure One Flow . I bought it the day before yesterday , everything was fine until it went into upgrade mode V 2.3 . It downloaded ok , got installed ok , then all I got was One Flow logo appearing and disappearing on the screen . As it seemed to last very long I disconnected it from the mains, tried it on again and got the same result. I went on the Pure site, tried the "option" button with no effect, even tried to reboot with the file dowloaded from the site (it would be nice to have a reboot file for Mac, I must say, I managed to fiddle with an old Windows Vista Laptop but again no effect, I suspect the 2006 laptop to be out of the game, though). I took it back to the store yesterday for exchange , got another one (I live in Paris, France) , went through the same process again , the upgrade message V 2.3 came on again etc, and here I am again with the One Flow logo on and off .. I have disconnected it after having waited for hours and connected on mains again and no effect whatsoever. Has anybody around encountered that kind of problem with One Flow ? I haven't managed yet to have time to reboot the set from a properly functionning Windows PC so I'm hoping it's only a bug on V 2.3 but I do find the whole thing quite annoying as it was working beautifully before the :mad: download message came on . Can somebody help me with this ? :lease:

Merci :)

Thank you

(hope it will eventually work because I *love* that little radio and I'm a radio enthusiast ..)

PS it seems Damian (Onenoflow) in the thread below " Pure One Flow keeps updating ", is experiencing the same problem as I am , sorry Damian , saw your post afterwards ...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Onenoflow

Standard Member
Ah yes, hello, or perhaps bonjour !

I am indeed having the same problem. Since I posted I have tried to complete a factory reset but despite following the instructions on the Pure internet pages, my PC will not recognise the Pure device, presumably because it is stuck in this "boot cycle" and never establishes itself.

Very frustrating, I've spent a good portion of my day on this and am tempted to return the product and find an alternative manufacturer.

Many Thanks

Damian

ODM

Standard Member
Yep, having exactly the same issues as you. Already totally fed up with it. Will be taking it back tomorrow...

B

Bluebird63

Bonjour indeed , Damian , :)

I've sent a mail to the Pure Deskhelp , hoping for a reply tomorrow. If you say the reboot didn't work for you, then it is most certainly a "bug" in V 2.3 , and if this is happening to all customers who have downloaded the upgrade, Pure is up for a major upgrade nightmare. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would really like to stick with the product, though, so let's hope the firm will react swiftly ..

bien amicalement

Patricia

B

Bluebird63

ODM , hello ..

bienvenue au club as we would say over here :D :D
(welcome to the club )

ODM

Standard Member
Merci !

Have bought quite a few Pure Radios in over the last year (all good!). Really wasn't expecting to be having any trouble at all. Tried re-setting, nogo, stuck in this '10 second boot cycle'...

I have seen 'Jason Voice' from' Pure Support' on these forums - hopefully he'll see these concerns and post a reply ! Cheers.

B

Bluebird63

I've just sent a message to Jason ...

this is my first Pure radio and my first Internet radio , I really would like it to work, first because I think it's a very nice set, and second because the Lounge is really very good.

ODM

Standard Member
Just submitted a request for help to Pure's Support site (put "Attn: Jason Voice" in the title). We'll see what comes of it...:)

B

Bluebird63

Update : have received this afternoon a mail from French Pure Support Desk , they will take the One Flow back for repair , as there is indeed a software problem .

ODM

Standard Member
Yep, got a reply today from Jason Voice...

"Thanks for your email. I'm sorry to say that it sounds as though we need to take a look at your PURE product."

I will be returning it... cheers

Onenoflow

Standard Member
Thanks both, looks like I'll have to return mine too, what a pain, it's an hours drive in each direction.............

Any thoughts on what would be a good replacement (other than one that works of course !).

Damian

mouette

Standard Member
I got the same problem. I live in France and I bought my Pure One Flow from a FNAC shop. I thought it was a very nice set, ideal to listen to foreign radio stations. It worked fine for 15 minutes until it started downloading a v2.3 upgrade. Then all it could do was displaying the one flow logo and and off in an endless boot cycle.

I thought I'd done something wrong so I brought it back to the shop which was open on Sunday. They gave me a replacement. Same story!. I went back the FNAC shop and asked for my money back.

It's a pity because it's a very good product, when it works. I wrote the the pure helpdesk but got no reply.
I'm sure it's the upgrade that caused the set to crash. Why can't they allow users to cancel the upgrade
if they don't want it?

How could Pure do a thing like that?

Cheers.

mouette

Standard Member
I got the same problem. I live in France and I bought my Pure One Flow from a FNAC shop. I thought it was a very nice set, ideal to listen to foreign radio stations. It worked fine for 15 minutes until it started downloading a v2.3 upgrade. Then all it could do was displaying the one flow logo and and off in an endless boot cycle.

I thought I'd done something wrong so I brought it back to the shop which was open on Sunday. They gave me a replacement. Same story!. I went back the FNAC shop and asked for my money back.

It's a pity because it's a very good product, when it works. I wrote the the pure helpdesk but got no reply.
I'm sure it's the upgrade that caused the set to crash. Why can't they allow users to cancel the upgrade
if they don't want it?

How could Pure do a thing like that?

Cheers.

cufan

Standard Member
I had this problem with the upgrade to v2.2 and now again with v2.3. Following Pure Support advice a factory-reset enabled v2.2 to download successfully. This did not work with v.2.3, despite leaving the radio on in the reiterative download loop for many hours, and re-trying a number of times over two days. There was no option to ignore the network upgrade. Then, yesterday, it did break out of the loop and the Pure ONE Flow is now operating normally again. I do not know whether the v2.3 bug has been fixed, version v.2.3 has been withdrawn or a version previous to v2.3 has been installed. Anybody know how to find out which version is installed?

B

Bluebird63

Update : I'll be sending in my One Flow tomorrow to the French repair site in La Roche sur Yon , having received by mail from Pure a prepayed E-Chronopass in order to do so (writing this especially for French people out there who have encountered the same problem) , so Pure is acting quite fast on the problem , on the French side. I don't know if it's really for repair though or for exchange.

@ Cufan , I wonder how on earth your set managed to escape from that loop ...

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bluebird63

Final (I hope) upgrade : I received today another One Pure Flow from the french repair center . So it was an exchange (although it was sent in the same box as the previous one but the paper coming with it specified
"upgrade fault " / "exchange" ) .

I must say it was worth waiting and the whole process was quite quick ...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom