HELP: Purchasing Part Of A Home Cinema Package

Energy_C

Standard Member
Hi All,

Im kind of new to section of the forum so I would appreciate all your help. Basically I am looking for only the 5.1 system from the Sony HTSF1000 home cinema package, so basically everything but the dvd player. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase these seperatley as I cannot find any websites that do this!! thank you in advance for any suggestions.:D

lazymatt

Novice Member
You usually can't purchase them separately.

And the speakers don't usually work in another home cinema system.

The 5.1 decoder and CD is usually built into the same box.

Energy_C

Standard Member
Aaah right ok, was wondering if you could help me out with my problem. You see I am purchasing a sony w2000 and am hoping to get the Sony dvd recorder with it, so this just leaves me with the audio to deal with. Am I forced to either buy the full home cinema package or forced to purchase a micro speaker system rather than be able to have my preferred choice of larger speakers??

Im fairly new to the sound thing, and am looking for something with a reasonable output and at a decent price of around 200-250?? is there anything you can recommend???

Energy_C

Standard Member
I had a look at these recommendations, but to tell you the truth im a bit uncertain about what I am looking for. I just kind of look for the spec with the highest amount of any thing but does the highest total Watt output constitute a better system? or does a system with the highest Db mean the best choice??

Can somebody just outline what I should be looking for in a system, I do understand that at the end of the day its whatever suits me or the kind of setup that I have. But i'd still like to know whats average spec and whats outstanding spec!! any advice is much appeciated and thankyou for the comments and suggestions so far!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom