Help purchasing - 26" HDTV with a budget

lowfoon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I am hoping someone could help me find a 26" HDTV for my bedroom which I'm looking to purchase sometime this week (hopefully). I would like to keep the price as close as £300 as possible.

I need it for general watching, I'm not a hardcore gamer, only occasionally. I would like the nicest crispest image as possible baring in mind my budget. Also I would like to have a fair decent sound quality. I hate tinny, rattles, static, no bass at all etc.

I would also like freeview integrated but it's not necessity.

I was looking at JVC LT-26DT8ZJ which £327.95 Inc Delivery but I could not find any reviews on this TV but does have integrated freeview.

I was also looking at the PHILIPS 26PFL5322 which is £349.95 from RicherSounds but it was a little more expensive than the JVC and was wondering if it is worth it?? Also plus I could pick it up from store saving to wait for delivery.

Also from a local RicherSounds store in the 'Clearance' section they had LG 27LC2R for £249.95 which I would be very chuffed with because of the price.

Just found another TV which really interested in, the Sony KDL-26U3000. Cheapest I found was £369.99 which is abit over budget but it has freeview and had loads of great reviews, and is made by Sony. What do you think??

Any reviews, advice or recommendations fully appreciated. Hopefully making this forum my last research resort before purchasing a TV. Happy to answer any questions! :thumbsup:

P.S. I have come across and researched into the LG 26LC5 and this is becoming my final option before I order it tomorrow. It has integrated freeview and great reviews and also a great brand. I have found it for £317 with free next day delivery from here. Does anyone have any personal reviews or wants to stop me before ordering?

Just bought one of these

Hitachi 26LD2550B

It arrvied from LAskys today. Ill set it up tonight and let you know what i think....

Andy

I remember looking at this aswell but I wern't sure of the brand and the design was abit boring but nevertheless let me know as it might change my mind

The Sony U models aren't great (old basic budget models) - look at Sound and Vision for the S or even better the T (both should be ~£400) http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/listview/index.asp?sizeid=26&brand=SONY

Use Kelkoo to find the best prices (I got my T from Teleworld which was the cheapest at that point)

Good prices here, with 5 year warranty on selecetd models

http://www.totaldigital.biz/

If that's the case I won't be going for the Sony U models but the S and T models is a little too much out of my budget I'm afraid.

The LG 26LC55 which I'm still sticking to for the moment is found for a really good reasonable price which has free next day delivery from here:
http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/thisProduct.asp?ID=929

The company seems decent and have telephone support and good customer ratings. So at the moment I'm really liking this one.

There isn't many reviews on this LCD but the reviews I have seen seem to be really good. I was hoping someone on this forum has owned one and can tell me a bit about it.

Thanks for your advice vickster! :thumbsup:

I understand LG suffer from poor sound which is what put me off (Richer Sounds had a good deal on one when I was looking). Not a problem I assume if you are running it through an amp / speakers

I've seen the Sharp LC-26AD5E for around £330, can't remember where now though

I understand LG suffer from poor sound which is what put me off (Richer Sounds had a good deal on one when I was looking). Not a problem I assume if you are running it through an amp / speakers

Damn already ordered the LG now. Maybe it just gives me an excuse to invest in an amp. Will review when i receive it tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I've seen the Sharp LC-26AD5E for around £330, can't remember where now though

I think I recall coming across the Sharp but cannot find one as cheap as that. Cheapest I found was £390. Thanks for your help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom