Help! Purchased PW7 from AV Sales got some probs

andy970

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

First time post long time reader.....

I've recently purchased 42PW7 Plasma and pana tuner board + component board from AV sales (Great Guys) :thumbsup: however I’ve had a few problems setting it up.

Sky --> Tivo ----> Scart RGB to Pana Tuner board (Works Fine) AV1

PS2 ----> Scart RGB to Pana Tuner Board AV4 (works but I don’t get RGB just normal) and I have got the RGB scart for the PS2

Pioneer DVD 575a Component (Y, Pb, Pr) to Component board in PW7. Works but I don’t get any sound. If I run it through the tuner hey presto works fine.

Questions ?

Why don’t I pick up any sound through the TV when using the Pioneer DVD 575a Component (Y, Pb, Pr) to component board in PW7 ?

Why can’t I get RGB to work through PS2 ? I’ve set it up through the initial PS2 screen ?

Would you guys recommend anything else I should consider with my current setup to improve the picture?

And finally do I go with buying the Pana Speakers for £200 or would you guys recommend anything else. Don’t really want to go for the amp/5.1 speaker thing just left and right should do fine. They must look good on the wall though and be good quality?

Many thanks for any help !!! :)

andy970 said:
Pioneer DVD 575a Component (Y, Pb, Pr) to Component board in PW7. Works but I don't get any sound. If I run it through the tuner hey presto works fine.

had that too, I think you have to turn the monitor OFF and ON again after you connected the YUV - YUV directly.

Good luck ! Oh and before I forget, buy a component cable for PS2 , its only 5 quid on ebay. Cheers!

And don't go for the speakers, but buy some Anthony Gallo's for 100 quid each, they look ay much more cooler than the Panny's. Check my pics on the get your plasmas out for the lads how they look.

Im probably wrong but I didnt think Component carried sound

OK you should mix and match input boards and the media box (amazed you have picture things to note: you need to enable RGB output on most devices, Component cables dont carry sound, media box has component input, PS2 can output component (unless very old)
5.1 AMP (thingy) may well solve more issues than it raises..........
Canton make lovely speakers may i suggest CD50 to complete the plasma (search the forum) can add a sub for base.......
so in summary need audio cable for DVD, set PS2 to RGB read the forum and gain loads of info........

Component IS for picture only and does not carry sound.
I have an IXOS 801 scart lead, one of the best, that is cheaper than the best component leads from my dvd recorder direct to the panel(scart treminal) And everything into the dvd recorder. there is no picture difference when directly compared to the component (2 equal sources, two terminal inputs, one comp one scart, pic in pic...ect) in fact the scart was better, and carrys sound and auto switching.
If you want to use component then I suggest you go through your recorder which (most do) will convert your signal from your playstation to rgb component, then into component terminal on your panel, and optical from the recorder to a surround or hifi system for sound.
Alternitively do everything through the tuner. Technically there is a difference in picture quality, but not very noticable. the advantage is the inputs.
It all depends on fexibility of your recorder.
You may not need both terminal boards or the tuner.
As you can tell I did a lot of research before I bought mine.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup: :smashin:

Guys...

thanks For all ur help! Finally got the Sound through the DVD player So Question one is sorted, Thanks for the Info for the speakers, I see a Forum member is sell CD50 for £88 each. Is it worth buying two of these to hook them up to the PW7 (Left & Right) or is that an overkill bearing in mind they are gonna be attached to the wall? and finally still can't get the RGB for the PS2 to work after trying various setting etc so is it worth buying component cable for PS2 then conecting it to pana tunner ? Is that how u have it conected Davidgilmour ?

Cheers HornyDragon..... The PW7 only pumps out 8 watts per Channel and the CD50 I believe can do 50 Watts. Such a shame, but hey I may upgrade later.....

andy970 said:
Guys...

thanks For all ur help! Finally got the Sound through the DVD player So Question one is sorted, Thanks for the Info for the speakers, I see a Forum member is sell CD50 for £88 each. Is it worth buying two of these to hook them up to the PW7 (Left & Right) or is that an overkill bearing in mind they are gonna be attached to the wall? and finally still can't get the RGB for the PS2 to work after trying various setting etc so is it worth buying component cable for PS2 then conecting it to pana tunner ? Is that how u have it conected Davidgilmour ?

I haven't yet tested it myself, i need to chip my ps2 ( the pirate said :D ) but I can not imagine that it won't work. I have the cable here in my hands and it defintely should work! Btw, you will get the best PQ by using the component cable for your dvd player and 2 rca audio cables.

Cheers!

this might sound stupid but presumably your ps2 is set to rgb? also i found out with the media box you cant run component progressive through it and output two x rgb you can only do, component and one rgb or two rgb only. does this help?

pioneerman said:
this might sound stupid but presumably your ps2 is set to rgb? also i found out with the media box you cant run component progressive through it and output two x rgb you can only do, component and one rgb or two rgb only. does this help?
sorry i just noticed you did select rgb on ps2

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom