HELP Pt 200 questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Guttee07, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Guttee07

Guttee07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI All
    Just got a pt ae200 and i am thrilled to bits with it but can you more experienced users help me out!!!

Which imput will give the best quality i'm using RGB scart at the mo.Is the VGA better through a pc.

What screen should i use i am using a plain white window black out blind at the moment which seems to work well but will it compare to a proper screen?Is a Painted MDF board any good.

Is the 300's picture much better than the 200?

Tried a laptop using a s-video imput and the picture was crap compared to what was on the screen WHY?

Is it worth getting a hoya filter?

Thanks
    Mike

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Forget about the AE300, you have just bought the AE200 it will only niggle you about the AE200 and what’s the point in that. The image appears better on the laptop for a lot of reasons, laptop screen is directly driven but pj is driven by a much lesser quality connection. Any imperfection shown on screen is blown up on your pj image. VGA connection is much better than S-Video connection. Can not help on the screen front or filter as I have no experience on these.

3. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    PERSONALLY I USE THE AE200 THROUGH THE COMPONENTS TO ACHIEVE THE BEST PICTURE WITHOUT GOING THE HTPC ROUTE. GET YOURSEF A PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD PLAYER WITH GOOD SET OF COMPONENT CABLES. I AM USING AN ARCAM DV88+ WITH LINN COMPONENTS AND IT LOOKS FANTASTIC IMO! ALSO RUN MY XBOX AND GAMECUBE THROUGH COMPONENTS AND AND THEY LOOK PRETTY DAMN FINE TOO... CHECK OUT THE PROGRESSIVE SCAN FORUM NEAR BOTTOM OF AV FORUMS MAIN PAGE FOR MORE INFO!

4. Guttee07

Guttee07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How do you run the X box on componants?
    I thought it only had a composite output.
    Only wondering as i'm considering buying one soon.
    Is a home PC the very best option as all i would need would be software and newer graphics card?
    What software players do people like?

Questions questions the search for knowledge is never ending!!!!

5. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The advanced AVcable from Game (that's where I got mine from) has component out selectable (as well as SVid)