Help: PS3/360 ->Onkyo 674 -> Bravia W2000 - 1080p pass through problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spaff, Sep 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. spaff

spaff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys and girls, :)

I searched around for quite a lot of time, but I’m officially giving up and asking for help.

I’m not a complete noob when it comes to these things, but the other day I finally got round to buying myself an HDTV and Xbox 360 to complete my system (speakers and Receiver were bought a few months ago), and this is my first foray into the digital AV world.

My problem is this: When passing a 360 or PS3 through my Onkyo amp to my TV via HDMI, it works fine at 1080i, but at 1080p it randomly cuts out the signal every few seconds or so, the TV displaying nothing before coming back online as though it has just been physically plugged back in (TV on screen display pops up)

I’ve tested the cables, and both machines work fine when directly connected to the TV with either cable. As I have no real experience with this, I’m a little stuck on what the problem might be,

I’ve seen various people mention flickering issues on the ps3 menu, this could be the same thing I guess. It happens continuously on 360 and ps3 in menus and games, but not in blu ray movies so far (only watched 10 minutes of one to test though)

So, HELP plz! Do I need a firmware update? Is it just a fact that this doesn’t work and there is no solution? (other than routing the audio through optical for gaming)

well any comments are appreciated.

Cheers!

2. 27neth

27neth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    Hi,
    I have nearly the same set up, PS3>0nkyo 674> Sony X2000. I have exactly the same problem, when i set the PS3 to 1080P the menu screen jumps about rapidly. The screen sometimes goes blank for a few seconds then comes back on.
    Playing Blu-rays is fine, i have never played any games on it so dont know on that one. The ps3 also has the latest firmware.

John.