1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! PS2 network adaptor

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by boyler, Jun 12, 2003.

1. boyler

boyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who said it was easy!

Installed Adaptor, connected ethernet cable(supplied) from PS2 adaptor to NTL digibox as cable modem is not near my TV and don't want to go down router option.

Used start up disk, confiured and saved network info for NTL but when I do a network test it doesn't connect even though I've got a link light on the adaptor.

The adaptor manual says some ISPs i.e., NTL may only allow one Mac address on their network and its usually the Mac address that was originally configured i.e., cable modem.

It then goes onto say that if you phone ISP they will allow a second Mac address to connect.

Does anyone know if this is my problem....please I really want to play SOCOM on-line.

2. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Xbox and Xbox Live lets you spoof the MAC address of your pc for situations like this. Why couldnt Sony have that option? Cant be difficult!

Just been at a mates trying to set it up for him and he now has to call BY again to set it up (he had just called them 2 days ago to change the mac address cos of his new network card on his pc!)

3. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NTL offer you a second MAC address for an extra £5 per month:eek:

Thats why I bought a router, I have 2 PCs and the PS2 connected...

Also, I'm not sure that you can use the digibox, I have NTL cable and the cable modem is split out before the digibox connection. I know it has an ethernet port, but it isn't used on the 4001 box.

James

(I said it was easy....:laugh: )

4. boyler

boyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks James you were right about the digi box.

Connected directly to NTL modem and got connected. Bit of a pain having to move the modem evertime I want to play but never mind.

Have now registered and will be on-line with SOCOM Soon.