1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help protect my amp from my son!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by richard plumb, Apr 23, 2002.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    My son has just started crawling, and I'm sure I should be proud, but I'm too busy pulling him away from my speaker cables and amp!

We'll be moving in the next few months, and I'll do it properly and put everything out of sight. But I need a way of keeping the little one away from the amp (mainly) in the short term. I very nearly switched on this evening without noticing he'd kindly turned the volume up to max - I never have it more than about 2!

I've attached a photo of my current setup - everything piled onto an Ikea TV table. Any suggestions welcome.

Attached Files:

2. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You could get some perspex sheet from B&Q. Cut the sheet so that it is the same size/shape as you tv stand fasten it at the top with some hinges and put a catch at the bottom. that way you will still be able to use remotes etc. and little fingers will not get to your stuff.:)

3. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Attach strips of velcro to your son's romper suit and convenient places around the house.

Whenever you have to leave him unattended, stick the guy to a piece of nearby velcro.

Cheers

Laurel

PS. :D

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If your speakers can handle it let him turn up and scare himself silly!

5. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    yeah, but after reading scary threads on avsforum about how to get rid of mice nesting in subwoofers by playing Das Boot on maximum volume, perhaps I'll give that a miss for now.