1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Problem with new Toshiba 32Z17B

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cxd, Feb 10, 2002.

1. cxd

cxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

Just setup my new 32Z17B and it's been fine 'til last night! Now every time you switch the set on from cold you get horizontal lines all over the picture (making it unwatchable), then after about a couple of minutes they suddenly dissapear and the set is fine.

Subsequently, after a couple of hours viewing, if you turn the set off using the remote, then turn the set back on, the lines re-appear !! only this time they don't dissappear :( You seem to have to let the set cool down for a couple of hours by switching off from the front before you can watch it again.

As I can't speak to my supplier (Saga Electrical) 'til Monday I wondered if anyone out there has seen this before and can offer any solutions/advice ? Should I ask for a reaplcement set ?

Many Thanks

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long have you had this set ? If it's days then definately ask for a replacement. Just tell them you're not paying all that money for a "new repaired" tv. That's effectively a refurb.

3. cxd

cxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was delivered Friday (8th Feb) so it's only 2 days old. Typical really, you take months choosing, now I've got all the hassle of sorting out another set! I think your right though - demand a new set - Many Thanks,

4. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 days old ?? Tell them you wont be accepting a repair, you want a new tv. It's as simple as that, don't let them tell you anything different. I got a new Toshiba RPTV after it went bad after 2 weeks.