1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Problem with JVC AV28T55EKS widescreen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Comfy Gray, May 14, 2002.

1. Comfy Gray

Comfy Gray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    I have a problem with a brand new JVC widescreen I have bought and am not happy with and wondered if anybody could offer some advice please?

The set has a fullscreen mode - obviousley 16:9, a 14:9 and a 4:3 (regular) mode.

When watching 4:3 DVDs or tranmissions in 4:3 regular mode, there is a clearly visable line of pxiels running from the top to the bottem of the screen from within the left hand black border. Strangly enough, this seems to be the exact place where the 14:9 screen would start if that view mode was selected.

I have attached a few photies that show this happening on the left and would love to know any info because for a £600 TV set, I am not at all content with this visual error.

Many many thanks for anything anyone can do!
    Regards.
    Graham Hignett

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      Size:
      54.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Neil53

Neil53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What does the retailer say, or was it an internet purchase?

I am planning to buy the AV28T25S (aka AV28T25EKS). The title of your post (I think) says T55. Is this the model, or is it a typo?

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect it was bought from Dixons or Currys. They have the model number incorrect on their web site!!

Can't wait to see if I'm right......... :cool:

4. rashomon

rashomon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Squirrel,

I'm certain that you are right - in fact I was in Dixons last week and pointed it out to one of the guys there that the model was the AV28T25 ... he looked at me blankly and wandered off to serve someone else. (sigh!)

Cheers

Rashomon.

5. Comfy Gray

Comfy Gray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all!

It WAS from Currys and my typing of the model is deffo correct, I have the JVC box to prove it.

I have called JVC and they just told me to email my 4 photos to them and they would get back to me.

That was nearly 2 days ago and I have also emailed Currys to let them know I am not happy.

I have spoken to people with the same set but an older model and that does not occur.

Tomorrow evening I will travel some elec retailers and have a look if the same 4:3 problem occurs on in- shop sets.

Anyone interested in the outcome, lemme know.

regards.
    Gray

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gray,

This sounds like a fault. It didn't happen on the AV28R25 I used to own. Do not waste time emailing Currys - they will not reply (and if they do reply, they will reply after 2 weeks).

You need to get in touch with them before the 28 days are up!

Ring the Mastercare number on the leaflet they gave you and get an engineer to come out and look at it. When he says it is a fault, then ask for an exchange or a refund.

Post how you get on.

Oh, and don't take $hit from Currys - a fault entitles you to a refund!