1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! Problem on Tosh 32ZD26

Discussion in 'TVs' started by szgo, Dec 12, 2003.

1. szgo

szgo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem on my Tosh 32ZD26 when you have two bright colours sitting beside each other vertically that there is a moving pixelated grid of the opposite colour in each box in the 1st couple of millemetres, for example if I had a yellow box sitting on top of a blue box there would be a blue grid in the yellow box and a yellow grid in the blue box. I have tried everything from cables to different scan modes but nothing effects it,this it is particularly noticeable on things like the football score on ITV which is a mass of moving blue and yellow squares, readable but hardly pleasing on the eye, I have had an engineer look at it and he said that yes there is a problem but Tosh will say it is within in spec. I am no expert on TV's but I don't think I should be experiencing this sort of problem, any help or views would be appreciated, could this be a convergence issue? thanks!

2. szgo

szgo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Empire direct have offered to swap the set over, are there any other **ZD26 owners out there who could tell me if they have experienced a similar problem? is it a characteristic of the set, should I go for another model or something?

3. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this telly but have not noticed any of these problems, at least not with component DVD or RGB scart on Sky (mine has other progs tho and will be replaced for them).

Could it be the colour/contrast etc settings? Try pulling down colour a bit below 50 and setting contrast to 30-45. When comparing component and scart on DVD I noticed something similar (ie basically that the edges of one colour bleaded into other colours). Try if you get this with a good DVD and component if you can or at least a v good scart.

Hope this helps
    pullman

4. szgo

szgo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help! I was stupidly plugging the cable from my digibox into scart 2 which is not RGB as soon as I plugged into SCART 1 the problem disappeared, but I noticed that there is a slight smudge round text on close inspection there is a few displaced pixels, I have toned the brightness and contrast down to about 50 and I am using a SQUART cable, any ideas or am I just being too fussy.

5. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Last night i noticed that when the mode in the screen menu was set to Natural that the screens refresh rate changes constantly.I brought up the menu at from my telewest box, and that makes it really easy to see.

In active mode it seems stable, in 100htz it flickers constantly, progressive seems ok.(but i think thats only any good for non UK sets )

What do these modes mean, is this normal,It def not teleworst box as the same thing happens on a dvd menu.

can some shed some light please.