1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help pro logic or advanced

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by susan26uk2003, May 8, 2004.

1. susan26uk2003

susan26uk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok im real confused..goy my 313 and it sounds great..alot more powerfull than my friends panasonic scht500..anyway my prob is the surround isnt too good...i have done test and speakers are right..and rears are at +5..rest 0...anyway im new and not sure about all settings watched last samuri last night and the machine came up dolby digital...surround wasnt too good so i added vir sb...made alittle better...should you add anything else...also when watching normal tv (set up thru scart lead)should i use dolby prologic..or one of the advanced surround settings..you cant use both at once so im pretty unsure..ive been messing with it all yesyerday and today but no further forward..i am a girl but thats no excuse ytheres just so many settings and manual doesnt really explain which to use..or that you cant use pro logic and one of the advanced settings..so if someone out there could give me a general good settings guide i would be very gratefull..ok for eastenders etc should i use dolby prologic or an advanced surtround setting????for tv movies what one???i watched stars in eyes tonight and thats in dts..but i put dvd to auto and it never picked it up..as i said from tv to 313 its picked up by scart as i got 2 scarts on my tv..any help guys would be helpfull...and also should i add to any as i like suround sound out rears if i ca get it..susan

2. susan26uk2003

susan26uk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone at all????

3. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    hi susan,normal tv doesn,t normally sound the best in pro logic,ie eastenders unless its broadcast in dolby surround,i remember about 6 years ago corrie was in dolby and it sounded good,glasses clinking in back ground,i,m surprisid samuri was bad being a dvd i presume,check the menu is auto select,ie if dolby or dts is found the system will playback in that format,but as i said tv sound isn,t the beat,i found c5 movies are very good in dolby surround,good rear surround action,hope this helps rgrds pat

4. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    hi again,i never use the dolby advanced,just leave normal,did you say stars in eyes was dts,i doubt it,what system do you have,pat

5. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emailed u susan and sorta tryed to help by saying what i do on the pioneer 313.

Good luck.

Btw how did u get sound using a scart from the tv stations on to the pioneer 313. Whats it exactly that u do? As i thought u cant get tv sound through scart and thats what the tv phonos on the back were for. Or optical cable option. BUt if u can get it tv programs sound form tv using scart (scart box perhaps?) please let me know. :)

6. craigizmo2k2

craigizmo2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my 313 - I just watch movies in Pro Logic II - Movie or if its anything else, Advanced 5. Ch Stereo :thumbs: