• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help..poor dvd playback

D

dheerpat

hi all...just purchased philips 42" lcd tv..i was pretty disappointed by dvd playback quality..(my 21 inch crt sony gives better output)...i have samsung dvd player which has progressive scan facility(i scan/ p scan mode)..i heard that if u keep option as p mode in dvd player st up , u get best quality output..when i set up p scan it asks whether i have connected component video cable yes or no...i am connecting normal video cable (red/yellow/white leads) which i used to connect to crt tv..is it same cable or will i have to replace..
the picture lacks sharpness and my cable connection(not sat tv) shows better picture than dvd playback..ny help..

regards

Curly99

Distinguished Member
I think you are confusing the connections and connecting via the composite output (yellow, red/white) this is probably the worst of all the connections to use, component will if used with progressive scan give the best output, component will have red, green, blue and normally 2 for audio rca/phono connectors, if you can't connect via component, RGB scart is the better alternative.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom