Help plz - re buzzing on wall mounted Panny

Sword

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a TH42PWD7 on the wall and its making a really audible buzzing sound pretty much continuously. Coming mostly from the top right rear (as you look at it).

Its not that noticeable during the day - but when you come down in the morning or late at night, it can really be heard.

I dunno if it was there when it was stand mounted and just much louder now its up against a wall - or whether a fault has emerged - but either way, is there anything I can do about it or is that it? Are these panels basically noisey?

Many thanks,
Sword

Sword,

Yep plasmas do buzz.

However, I have found that my LX5090 is happier with an upgraded powerchord. Chord Mains Cable good - Nordost Shiva seems even better.

See if you can borrow an upgraded shielded cable from your local dealer and see how you get on.

Others have also found that upgrading the power cable has helped!

Anthony

Anthony - thanks. Sadly, I have 15m of power cable burried into my newly decorated wall and coving - there ain't nothing else going in there now, lol.

It'll have to buzz :(

S

Sword,

15m!!!:eek:

That would require a mortgage to get an upgraded power chord. Some other people have found that material (absorbing) behind the panel also helps.

It may also settle down a bit as you run it in. I know the Pioneer has power mode settings that ralso reduce the buzzing - worth checking your settings to optimise??

Anthony

PWD7? Pretty old - maybe the fan on that side is either wearing out or loaded with dust.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom