Help pls no HDMI output from Comag SL100 HD

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by StuartWatto, Feb 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StuartWatto

StuartWatto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have just purchased a Comag HD SL100 freesat receiver and dish. I have installed the dish and have now alligned Astra2A2B2D, and programmes working. However, I have no output from the HDMI output. It just states no signal. (I have Phillips HD TV). I have read and re-read the manual and cannot see what I may have done wrong. The Comag helpline are on holiday and my email hasn't been answered. Can anyone here help pls?
    Thanks,
    Stuart.

2. satellite

satellite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had exactly the same problem connecting to a Panasonic HD TV. I telephoned the number given in the Operations Manual but there was no answer; only funny electronic noises. I then Emailed but I have not received any reply. That was yesterday.
    In the meantime I managed to set up the system using a Scart lead connected to the TV. All channels received load and clear.I think I have tried every possible setting on the Comag menu to get the HDMI to work but still no joy. The TV is set to HDMI mode.
    Please tell me the trick if you succeed; I will do likewise.
    John.

3. StuartWatto

StuartWatto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The unit is supposed to detect the presence of the TV at the other end of the HDMI cable and switch over automatically. There is no menu setting but note some of the colour options need setting correctly before HDMI will work.

In the end we took the Sat Box back and got a replacement. The replacement worked just fine through HDMI straight out of the box.

4. satellite

satellite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you but I have just managed to get the set working on HDMI; except for the sound. I will try all the sound options shortly. It simply requires trialling all the settings on the set up menu until you hit the right one.

5. topheruk

topheruk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just thought I let you guys know that the Comag HD SL100 cannot get ITV HD

it also has a problem with sound from BBC HD, sometime you get the background music but no voices! very annoying!

6. satellite

satellite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    topheruk,
    I have now managed to get the picture via the HDMI and the sound via a coaxial cable connected to a cinema sound system. The BBC HD and Luxe HD pictures are stunning in clarity and the sound is also exceptional. I have not attempted to get ITV HD yet because the first opportunity to try it will be the Billy Connolly programme at 9.00 p.m. tonight.
    The trick with the HDMI is to set the picture quality to 1080 and the video to setting to other than RGB; I am not near the set at tyhe moment -I think it is YUY os something like that.
    As for the sound problem, I had the same problem but solved it by changing the sound settings on the menu. It is just down to trial and error.
    If I can get the ITV HD to work then my only criticisms of the Comag will be that the Operation Manual is not very helpful and the on-screen EPG etc is rather primitive. But appart from all that the HD performance and sound is absolutely stunning.

7. topheruk

topheruk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, I was only posting what I had heard/read about.. I dont own a SL100

8. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    "-I think it is YUY os something like that."

It'll be YUV (luminance and 2 colour difference signals).

Chris Muriel,
    Manchester