Help pls - Low subwoofer sound with Denon x2700h

MasterDan

Novice Member
Hello
I have recently buyed a Denon x2700h with dolby atmos focal 5.1.2 and after many days of settings i have a very low bass on the subwoofer.
I have all speakers set to small the crossover at 80 the sub connected with lfe crossover at 120 on the avr and crossover at max on subwoofer(lfe) and i have tried all possible settings but the bass is very low. The audyssey sets the speakers at -6 and my sub at +12 with volume at 12 hour and +6 with volume at 15 hour - 80% volume. Tested with multi chanell stereo , bluetooth and usb flac
It is interesting that after the av reset at initial setup the subwoofer in the initial test of recognising the wired speakers sounds fine but when all setup is finished on the test level is bearely hearable ...also with a phone and jack in the subwoofer the bass is very strong even at 9 a clock -,30% volume.
even without audyssey setup and manual the sound is the same....and adjusting from -12 volume to + 12 does not seem to change anything on the sub ...like the amp is not working on the avr
Please help me - i'm out of options
Thank you

andym81

Hello
I have recently buyed a Denon x2700h with dolby atmos focal 5.1.2 and after many days of settings i have a very low bass on the subwoofer.
I have all speakers set to small the crossover at 80 the sub connected with lfe crossover at 120 on the avr and crossover at max on subwoofer(lfe) and i have tried all possible settings but the bass is very low. The audyssey sets the speakers at -6 and my sub at +12 with volume at 12 hour and +6 with volume at 15 hour - 80% volume. Tested with multi chanell stereo , bluetooth and usb flac
It is interesting that after the av reset at initial setup the subwoofer in the initial test of recognising the wired speakers sounds fine but when all setup is finished on the test level is bearely hearable ...also with a phone and jack in the subwoofer the bass is very strong even at 9 a clock -,30% volume.
even without audyssey setup and manual the sound is the same....and adjusting from -12 volume to + 12 does not seem to change anything on the sub ...like the amp is not working on the avr
Please help me - i'm out of options
Thank you
What sub are you using? If the sub is at plus 12 then you need to tobthe gain up and reru audessey.

I turn my subs up 6db after calibration in the subwoofer level menu

MasterDan

Novice Member
What sub are you using? If the sub is at plus 12 then you need to tobthe gain up and reru audessey.

I turn my subs up 6db after calibration in the subwoofer level menu
the sub is a focal cub evo 200w classD sub. For my room size 30m ( i live in Europe) it should be ok . The sub volume is at 50% and the auddysey sets it at +12 in the avr ...with the sub volume at 80% the audyssey sets it at +6...it's like there is no amp coming from the avr to the subwoofer.
Thank you

D

Deleted member 39241

During the Audyssey set-up there should be a stage where there is a sub level check, which encourages you to get the sub volume in the green zone by adjusting the volume dial on the sub itself.

Usually subs are plenty loud enough at 50%, but if Audyssey is setting yours to +12 (maximum) then the sub volume needs to be higher. 80% and +6 is okay, as at least it isn't maxed out there, but it is unusually high.

It could be a dodgy cable connecting the sub to the AVR.

More likely, it is something to do with the room / positioning that is sucking all of the bass out. Try moving the sub, or facing it in a different direction and see if that helps.

MasterDan

Novice Member
thanks ..i have tried different cables, also positioning the sub in different places ( sub inverted to the sofa and crawling and soo on) ....in the end all i think is that either the sub has some issues or the avr ...i will bring another sub ( Monitor 500w ) from a friend and test it out

MasterDan

Novice Member
Hi, I have the exact same problem happening to me.
How did you solve it?
Unfortunatly in the end the problem for me was the subwoofer..it was too small and bad ...so i bougth a svs 2000 and it was a game changer ....svs is very very good ..price/ quality

Varl

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply, I actually solved the problem with a full reset of the AVR settings. Thankfully It wasn't a factury issue.
I also have an SVS but a pb1000, the bass is over the top now!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom