Help Pls Budget £200-£250 for new camera

Spendy26

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a total novice when it comes to cameras, phones and consoles are more my things. Want to replace our current cheap digital camera as it takes ages from the point of taking the picture to it actualy taking it. We always seem to miss shots of the children. I have been advised any compact with a shutter speed of 1/4000 shutter speed will be perfect is that correct? I have found the Lumix DMC-TZ20 but it's a bit out of budget. Could anyone help me out and recommend anything similar? Maybe I do not need as fast shutter speed?? Any help would be amazing :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way, 1/4000 is simply the fastest speed the shutter can move at which in reality is going to be when the camera is being used in very bright sunlight. The shutter speed the camera uses is primarily based on the amount of light coming in through the lens so if there's not enough light, the shutter speed will be too low and the photo will be blurred.

The TZ20 has a long zoom, is this something you particularly need or would you be ok with a smaller zoom? Just to try and narrow down your potential choices.

John

Oh I see, No am not after a long zoom, Just something will take a picture when I press the button and not have a massive delay. Smaller zoom would be fine :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom