Help pleaseeee! PSN AND ONLINE HELP

Robert182

Standard Member
Hey,

I was wondering could some one please help me! You’ll have to excuse me my computer knowledge and internet knowledge isn’t to good im afraid! Here my problem = my ps3 wont go online mo matter what I do , ive had in for over a year and its a wired connection ! Its worked fine since ive had it but about a month ago it just won’t connect! I bought a new Ethernet cable thinking it was that and still nothing! It keep failing on the internet connection and it says dns error, my internet works on my pc otherwise I would not be on here! But its killing me not being able to play online! I think I have a modem :S it is a Thomson speedtouch 330 USB ADSL if that’s any help , could someone please get back to me asap , cheers and many thanks

Robert182 :lease:

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Dump the SpeedTouch 330 modem and get a ADSL Modem with built in switch. Connect all items PC,Laptop,PS3 etc to the ADSL Modem/router via RJ45 (Ethernet) cables.
If you are with BT Internet then ask about them supplying a new BT Home HUB which has two RJ45 outlets.

Bottom line DO NOT USE USB as a method of connection.

Robert182

Standard Member
my ethernet port at the mo says private automatic :S mabye thats y my ps3 is connecting i noticed my subnet mask is 255.255.000.000 insted of 255.255.255.00 , i belive this is a say of seting it up manauly any idea where i found find the info to do that ? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom