1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! please???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by daviedee, Oct 4, 2003.

1. daviedee

daviedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im starting up my own system, i have looked in whathifi mag and seen the tv i want, its the toshiba 32zd26 which has won for 2 years in a row. The best price i have got so far is £819
    Now if money grew on trees i would be sorted... im in two minds to get the sony davs 888 at £514 or go out and buy a av rx'er and good speaker system, problem with the latter is i would have to save up the money for seperates.
    Next problem is the wife (hate full things..) she would rather me spend my money on a cheap tv and cheat all in one which wouldnt do me justice... so to avoid aggro ive allowed her to choose the speaker style, where i would rather wall mounted speakers she wants stand up ones, i must admit the davs 888 is a good looking system.
    can anyone give me advice on the connectivity issues on this system or any other?? my budget is 1.5k which 819 is taken up already

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I highly recommend the Panasonic SC-HT900 it is better specced, less expensive and just as good looking in my opinion. it offers Progressive scan component output, RGB scart output, Dolby Pro LogicII and DVD Audio aswell as several other facilities.
    I got mine from Techtronic who do a multi region model for just £430 It has just won a group test of all in one system in the current issue of a UK Home cinema magazine whose name I forget at the moment. You wont find much wrong with it, trust me.
    P.S. you have the choice of wall mounting the speakers or using the integral stands in all four surround speakers.

3. nottinghamlad

nottinghamlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'd have to agree with blackbull the pani wins hands down!it has all the connectivity that you need is easy to set up looks damn sexy and a great line from the new italian job is so powerful it'll blow a girls clothes off!!

nottinghamlad