Help Please !!!

beezelmoth

Standard Member
Could someone please try to help me . I have just set up my new LG 37" LCD 1080p HD tv up , But when trying to switch on to my JVC DIGITAL HOME THEATER SYSTEM using the component connections i get " NO SIGNAL " On screen. if i change back over to my scart leads , it is fine. Have had leads and TV tested . the problem is the JVC SYSTEM. ( HAVE IT SET UP TO0 PICK UP AUTO SIGNAL) Does anyone have any idea's please

F

Frank44

I dont no much about it but my system is set to audio and it works fine(mine is a sony system).hope this is a help:)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello beezelmoth

Most DVD Players/Systems that offer both Composite/RGB (SCART) and Component (3RCA) Video Out will default to SCART when new.

With the SCART and 3RCA cables in place you will usually need to Manually set the Player to Output 'Component' Video using the On Screen User Menu whilst viewing via the SCART connection – then once you have enabled 'Component' Out switch the TV over to the Component Input.

To further complicate things you may also have to set the TV to look for Component Video on its Input if its a 'Shared' Input that has both SCART and 3RCA connections tied to the same Input number.

Time to read the User Manuals.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom