Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mulder, Jan 21, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to home cinema but I was wondering does it make any difference if your main and centre speakers are from a different manufactuare than that of your rear speakers? I have a yamaha dsp ax620 amp with mission m73 main speakers and mission m7c1 centre but the mission m7ds rears that I'm after are a little bit over my budget at the moment so I was wondering how much difference if any would it make if I went for another make of speaker which is within my present budget?

2. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm also a lotof an amateur, but as I see it there's two types of "right" speaker:

That which is compatible from a technical standpoint, i.e it's the right spec to use with your amp etc..

A tonal match, one of the main benefits of going for a package all from the same manufacturer.

Just a thought, but why not get a really cheap pair of s/h speakers to tide you over until you can afford the Missions?

regards
    Paul