Help Please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by giz1495, Apr 29, 2007.

1. giz1495

giz1495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondered if anyone could help. The thing is i am going on holiday to a private owned caravan in skegness ( not very exotic i know, but a break is a break), the owner claims on his website that if i bring my sky card with me i can watch my package on the installed standard sky box which as only got the freeview.
    Sounds a good idea but will it work? I have a multiroom full pakage, with sky hd downstairs and sky + upstairs. Which card would i need to take if any, will i need to ring sky?

Any help would be cool.

thanks, giz1495

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Nowt wrong with Skeggy:)

The premium channels will have to be married to the new digibox with I suspect the primary card, you could ring SKY and it could be done in minutes then remarry it to the old box after a week but seriously it's a week.
    DVR your programmes and enjoy the holiday:)

3. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Well i have full package of sky and my dad dont when i take my card to my dads it works perfect.

4. johnny777

johnny777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Premium Channels (ie: Movies and Sports) will only work on the box the card has been married to. Other channels, such as Sky One, Discovery etc will work on any box the card is inserted into. Suggest you take a card with you and stick with that.......wouldn't mess around phoning Sky etc - i'm sure you can live without Sky Movies for a week away!

5. stockyvillage

stockyvillage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    starburst and johnny 777 are both correct.I have a skybox in my holiday home and always take one of my cards with me.You will receive all channels except premium channels eg.Sports and movies as you card is married to the box at home

6. giz1495

giz1495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks everyone for the replys. I know i should be just enjoying the holiday but its good for the kids on a morning and evening.