Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by TupacAmaru, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TupacAmaru

TupacAmaru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there everybody!. Im new on here but Santa gave me an Xbox 360 for xmas. I have a Pioneer PDP435XDE which i have found out has 1 component connection which is already in use for my dvd player. Now as the xbox hd cable has component lead im now stuck. I've tried taking out the component leads for my dvd player and putting the xbox component leads in but i cant get the 720p or 1080i settings to work. I since bought a VGA component and tried that and put the connection into the pc scart slot on the media receiver but i got no picture. So im pissing myself that i have bought a plasma with only 1 component out socket and now wont be able to connect an XBOX 360 or maybe a PS3 if i decide to buy it. Is there any way in which i can get round this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Is there a SCART block which i can put into a spare scart socket which has the component leads on?????????

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    DVD leave as Component
    XBOX requires a VGA lead straight from XBOX to TV not XBOX component lead converted to VGA.
    PS3 requires HDMI

3. TupacAmaru

TupacAmaru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I probably sound thick here but what actually is VGA?? And my Pioneer plasma has a media receiver for all connections and theres hardly anything on the actual panel. And is this just a vga cable?? As in it goes in back of the xbox and goes somewhere in back of the media receiver?

This has just got me all muddled up

4. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
  5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,735
    VGA is the type of connection you use to connect a monitor to a PC.

There is a 360 cable available that will allow you to connect it to a monitor or TV with VGA input.

Also, when you say you tried connecting your 360 by component but couldnt get 720p or 1080i to work, did you remember to flick the switch from TV to HD?

6. TupacAmaru

TupacAmaru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right ive now connected via VGA through the pc input. But ive set the resolution to 1280x720?? Does that mean its on 720p? or what resolutions are HD??????

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,735
    I think that should be HD, anything over ****x720 should be infact.