help please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by buzzvinny, Oct 28, 2005.

1. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't sure where to post this also put it on tv forum but I have a LG 32LX2R LCD TV, Tosh. D-R3 dvd recorder and a Sony VTX-D800U Freeview box, the problem is after i have set it up i get bad interferance viewing bbc1, bbc2, and ch5 through my tv and dvd player but excellent picture through box. I think the problem is between the dvd player and box can anyone help me out on how to get over the problem

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Disconnect all the other stuff fron the TV, is that ok?
    Plug your other items back in one by one and test to see when the interferance comes back.

Nigel

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    How to connect diagram. Tick the boxes which apply to your setup :

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

It doesn't show the two scarts in the DVD but your Freeview STB marked VCR should connect via scart to AV2 scart socket on your DVD recorder (the AV1 dvd recorder scart connecting to the TV).

4. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply's but still no differance, if anything it was a little bit worse. connections are.
    scart stb to ext. scart on dvd.
    scart from stb to tv av2.
    scart from dvd to av1 on tv.
    If anything getting better on 5 and bbc1(but still not brill) when i turn box off, but bbc2 is awful.
    must be something somewhere i need to turn of or on on set up of tv or stb or dvd, but not being to hot on this sort of stuff (actual bloody freezeing) i need HELP!!!!!!!!!

5. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Is what your discribing a snowy picture due to a poor aerial? It does sound like it.
    When did this problem occur?
    Have you just bought some new gear?
    It can be normal to get a poor picture if you turn off, say a video, if the aerial goes through it.

Nigel

6. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a new aerial fitted about 3yrs ago so don't think it's that. Could it be the cable coming from the aerial which wasn't changed. If it was the aerial wouldn't i get this problem on all channels not just bbc.
    One other thing using the scart's that came with equipment (they look pretty cheap) would it be any better with better scarts although the other channels are ok.
    Before i got my new stb my old one only had 1 scart and i had the same problem, although when i changed the scart from stb going to dvd player and had it going direct to the tv didn't have problems with picture but the problem was i couldn't record programs from the stb.
    Bloody tv's like computers they make them sound so user friendly.

7. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Your LG TV doesn't seem to be exactly well equipped with scart sockets. It just says 1 full 1 half (whatever that means).
    http://***********/8nt5r
    I presume that you mean the picture from the STB to TV AV2 is good.
    Puzzle - scart on stb to ext.scart on dvd - what is this ext.scart? Is it AV2 on dvd? If it is then you must select this source on the dvd recorder before you can view the freeview channel by selecting AV1 on TV set. Providing this is done you should get the same freeview signal quality when your TV is switched between its AV1 and AV2 channels. If not then there is something wrong with your scart lead/plugs between stb-dvdrecorder-tvAV1

8. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

To me it still sounds like poor reception! BBC2 and CH5 are the weakest channels and usually degrade first.
    The signal gets weeker as it passes through the digibox ect.
    Plug the aerial into your TV first without anything else connected.

Nigel

9. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    BBC1 and BBC2 are both on the same mux and therefore should have the same signal strength. Channel 5 is weak in some areas - mine for a start - because this mux is only on half the power of the others.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/dtt_channels.html