help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by drewsaq, Oct 27, 2001.

1. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a mt1 for £1700 brand new (bargin of the year) can any one tell me where to get the RGB component video cable from . I have looked at letropacks web with not much joy.By the way if any body is thinking of buying a lcd projector this one is the dogs b------s !!!!better pics and colour than my tv and thats just onto a plain white emulsion wall !! many thanks: Tony: :D

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Tony,
    Do you want to connect something with a Scart to the 15pin D input of your projector, or is the source something with 3 x Phono connectors?

3 x phonos normally means the source (usually a DVD payer) has component output. You can get a lead from Maplins which has 15pin D on one end, and 5 BNC connectors (push on, twist to lock) on the other. You'll use just three of the BNC terminated ends (R,G & B), then add three BNC to Phono adapters.

If at all possible, check whether the cables and adapters are 75 Ohm rated. Some PC cables have a 50 Ohm rating which will do strange things to a video image.

If your source has SCART, then you are probably dealing with an RGBs signal. I'd recommend getting a dealer or Keene Electronics to make up a cable for this.

Regards

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    I asked Keene for a price of this very cable, (componant to D-sub)
    see reply below.

Dear sir we don't keep the lead as a stock item although we could have one made up for yourself usually 7-14 days.It will be £18.00 for the basic cost and assembley of the lead and £2.00 per metre ther after.Many thanks Bryan

Great price, where was it from?