1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by John Langton, Apr 12, 2005.

1. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a fujitsu plasma. I have always wanted component input but was told I had to buy a video board as the one fitted now is the scart video board. My question is can anyone tell me what these inputs are please as I dont really want to fork out on the new video board if I dont have too. Also with the DVI input which is HCD compatible I may even go the digital route for my DVD player/Sky HDTV

PS I have looked on the instructions but the picture in the instructions doesnt even resemble the bottom of my plasma

Thanks

John

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      Size:
      78.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      Size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
  2. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Looks like a set of 5 BNC connectors if i'm not mistaken, there being 5 leads me to think that they take R G B H V signals, although they could possibly take a component signal as well by just connecting to the R G B inputs, but no way to confirm that as there are no markings on the board indicating what each of the connectors are, so i'm just really speculating.

Anyone out there that can confirm or deny this??

3. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Ok have found this:

http://www.fujitsu-general.co.uk/plasma/home/pdfs/P50XHA10Brochure.pdf

Looks like they are RGBHV inputs, and according to that PDF, the component input is also on those BNC connectors, just need to find out out which 3 of the 5 are the RGB inputs, at a guess i would say the 3 left most connectors

EDIT: actually reading more of that PDF, and it appears you need one the optional video boards installed to enable the component input, so with just the standard screen without either of the 2 optional videboards it will only take an RGBHV signal

4. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. SO really I dont even need to buy the component video card as I have these I can use. What is with these BNC connectors though? WHy are they different than the normal component sockets (am I right in thinking the normal ones are RCA connectors?) And also will I have to have a DVD player with the BNC connectors also or do you get leads that have the RCA plugs one end and BNC the other?

Thanks for your help

John

5. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    See my edited post

6. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    BNC is just a professional alternative to RCA, BNC connections lock onto each other so there is not risk of a loose connection, you can get cables that have RCA on one end and BNC on the other, i myself use a Thor RCA to BNC component cable

7. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Actually you mention that you have the scart board installed, if so then looks like you have the P-TE1000E board installed, if that is so, then component is enable on Input 3 i.e. the 5 BNC connectors

EDIT: just looked at the first pic, and yeah for def i would say you have the P-TE1000E board installed, and so yes you do have component in on the BNC connectors, phew, got there eventually :rotfl:

8. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats great news and yes I do have that P-TE1000E scart board already. That came with the TV. The 1010 is an upgrade board but I dont even need it as I will prob be connecting through the DVI for the DVD player but its good to know I got component also incase i need it and I can also play around to see which gives best quality. Well Thanks again mate I guess I just saved myself about £200 quid in not buying a board i dont need

9. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
  10. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I know which is the RGB connecter? is it a matter of just play around and see when a picture appears or will a pic appear anyway?

John