1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by AmIthickorwot, Mar 9, 2005.

1. AmIthickorwot

AmIthickorwot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to connect up my TV/DVDR/VCR & Digibox. I don't seem able to connect so that I can record from a digital channel but watch analogue at the same time.

TV - Panasonic TX-21AD2 - two scart sockets
    DVDR - Panasonic DMR-E55EB/EBL - two scart sockets
    VCR - Panasonic NV-HV61EB/EBL - two scart sockets
    Digibox - Hitachi HDB60 - two scart sockets

Help please!

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    To try to answer your question, I will need to make a number of assumptions:
    1. Your TV's scart sockets are labelled AV1 and AV2. Of these, only AV1 can accept an RGB input.
    2. Your DVDR's scart sockets are labelled AV1 and AV2. Both of which are RGB-enabled. AV1 is an input & output socket, whereas AV2 is input only.
    3. Your VCR's scart sockets are labelled AV1 and AV2. AV1 is an input & output socket, whereas AV2 is input only.
    4. Your Digibox's scart sockets are labelled AV1 and AV2. Of these, only AV1 can output an RGB signal. AV2 can only output a composite signal.
    If these assumptions are wrong, please let me know.

Assuming my assumptions are correct your system should be set up as follows:
    • DVDR's AV1 connected to the TV's AV1 - DVDR set to output an RGB signal, TV set to accept an RGB signal (this may be automatic).
    • VCR's AV1 connected to the TV's AV2.
    • Digibox's AV1 connected to the DVDR's AV2 - Digibox set to output an RGB signal, DVDR set to accept an RGB signal (again, this may be automatic).
    • Digibox's AV2 connected to the VCR's AV2.
    To achieve this set-up you will need 4 scart leads.

This will allow you to record from your digibox on either the DVDR or the VCR while you are watching analogue. You would need to set the DVDR to record from the AV2 input and the VCR to record from the AV2 socket.

Let me know if this works. Good luck.

3. AmIthickorwot

AmIthickorwot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your prompt reply. Your assumptions are more or less correct, but I'm still having trouble.

I've tried to connect as you suggest, but when I get to the last instruction I find I've already used up the VCR AV2 socket in step 2.

What am I doing wrong? Now you know why I'm logged in as AmIthickorwot.

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Oops, my mistake. Maybe we should change names! I've corrected by original posting.

5. AmIthickorwot

AmIthickorwot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many, many thanks. Yes it did work. I have tried recording onto the DVDR from the digibox whilst watching analogue. I haven't tried the VCR yet. Thanks for your help, I've been trying since Christmas to master these connections.

6. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Glad to be of help. Enjoy!