1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lxlchy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. lxlchy

lxlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Am planning to buy a speaker and these are my choices altec atp3 and the logitech z-640. Kindly help me out on this. I love playing games listenin to music and watchin movies w/c one is the ideal for me? Please choose just between the 2 said speaker. THANK YOU in advance.

2. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    These are both sets of computer speakers aren't they?

I googled them and they look like they are for computer applications.

I doubt that you are going to get a glowing review of such equipment here and 99.9% of people will say that they are not going to stand up to use in an AV situation.

Computer speakers are fine for computers, when you are sitting 2' away from them they can produce some passable noises. But if you are seriously considering filling a room with the noise they produce then you either need a radical rethink or you have very low requirements in the first place.

I suggest you ask on a computer forum or do some googling to find reviews of these, either that of buy a cheap AV amp and some secondhand satalite spaeakers and produce yourself a system you can be proud of and listen to as a standalone unit as well as for PC duties :smashin:

Hope that helps a bit

MB

3. lxlchy

lxlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for helping me matblack. At least you enlightened me. :thumbsup: