Help please!!!!!

wallzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Connected up my new Denon 2105 reciver today all was fine for around an hour as i went to switch off the amp i turn down the volume as i done this the speakers made a popping noise the amp then turned off every time i turn the amp on now the green light (around the power button) flashes then it starts to flash red and the amp turns it self off.

i have disconnected every think to make sure it isnt a loose connection or dodgy wiring

any ideas why this is happenin

thanks

wallzy

Hi,

Sounds very much like the protection circuit is cutting in to prevent damage to the amp.
You say you've disconnected the wiring, does it still cut out with nothing at all connected ? Un plug everything including the speakers and power up the amp again, also check that the vol is turned down and is not reading 00 as this is the full vol setting. If the vol is set to 00 at switch on then I seem to remember reading it automatically switches off to prevent damage to the speakers or the amp.
Try these first and get back to us with your findings.
TTFN

Graham.

Thanks for your reply

i have disconnected every think out the back of the amp inc. speakers i power the amp up the volume setting read -70.0db and it still cuts out and the light around the power button flashes red

thanks wallzy

maybe there's a blown fuse to change?

some amps have a tiny compartment on the back for access (like on new plugs).

were you listening very loud at switch off? the cause of the pop and activation of protection circuitry is a concern. hopefully you havent blown an amp...

It does sound like theres a fault now.

Could something have dropped inside?

there isnt a compartment at the back of the amp for fuses the amp was turned up but wasnt extreamly loud was at about -20db's then as i went to turn the amp down to turn off (as i always do) that is when it popped

nothing dropped inside the amp as far as i know there is nothing above the amp and i was the other side of the room when this happened.

the amp was a day old when this happened had been setup for about 2 hours (couldnt setup straight away due to work) as you can imagin im not to impressed the shop were i purchased the amp from isnt open untill tuesday so i will have to wait and see what they say

thanks wallzy

have a look and make sure there is no stray strands of speaker cable that has become lodged between the terminals. it can happen!

good luck

Magnet & Steel said:
have a look and make sure there is no stray strands of speaker cable that has become lodged between the terminals. it can happen!

good luck

just checked this and nothing thanks for your reply

any other ideas from anyone

wallzy

i took my amp back to the shop and had it exchanged for another one got the amp home and all wired up im having to use my dads 5.1 speakers as i sold mine ive just put a film on to see how there sounding after the autoset up and i must say i am impressed was defanatly worth the wait thanks to every one who replyed

wallzy

wallzy said:
i took my amp back to the shop and had it exchanged for another one got the amp home and all wired up im having to use my dads 5.1 speakers as i sold mine ive just put a film on to see how there sounding after the autoset up and i must say i am impressed was defanatly worth the wait thanks to every one who replyed

wallzy

Glad to have help,
Lets hope you have better luck this time. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom