help please

boltman

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all first time on thread so please be gentle because im pretty thick on these subjects.just had a new lounge built 21feet square after reading on here i gather the panasonic is one of the best is there speakers built in if so any good my reason for asking is skirting board is down and coving is up so nowhere to hide wires is there any alternative many thanks for any replys hope i havnt bored you to much

No built in speakers, you can buy them seperately, but why not just get a surround system and use that instead. I've got a Pioneer VSX C502 and its great, does all the av switching too :thumbsup:

boltman,

The speakers that come with (some) plasma panels don't do justice to the quality of the image that you will get on the screen. You need a proper surround sound system. The speaker wires are relatively easily hidden (or at least disguised) even after coving / skirting board has been installed.

Happyhiker's method is the usual way of dealing with it, though at 21ft square, you might well need a more powerful amp! The speakers on any plasma are gonna sound like a penny in a tin bucket in that space, you need something to kick butt in there. How about running the wires outside? Any possibilities? You also need to think about wiring to the screen if it's wall mounted. If this is all retro fit, it makes things harder, but not impossible. All sorts of tricks have been used, often in conjunction with a cupboard for the electronic side of things, amps, DVD players etc. I'd scratch your head for a way to get some speaker wire, not to mention a sub cable, into that room. You can get flat cable, and micro sub cable to help you. I assume this is a wood floor, or I'd be under the carpet like a rat up a drainpipe. I have been known to glo-rod speaker wire inside coving, but it wasn't easy, depends how the builders stuck it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom