1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mad murph, Dec 23, 2003.

1. mad murph

mad murph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody

I have recently bought an JVC GR-D20 and would like to be able to download to my pc.
    The camera does not have a USB port so I cannot do it that way, I have heard people mention Firewire cards.. but am unsure if this is the right route to take.

Any help anybody vould give me on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

Merry xmas & Happy New Year to all.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    In a nutshell, Firewire is the only route to take!

If your PC doesn't already have a Firewire port then cards are available for very little cost. With Firewire, there will be no degredation in quality at all when you download to your PC. You will then be able to edit your footage using whatever program you like. If you've got Windows XP, then Movie Maker v2.0, a free download from Microsoft's web site, is as good a place to start as any.

I don't think that your camera has DV input, so you will not be able to save your edited footage back to tape, but if you've got a DVD burner, you can create your own DVDs, so keeping the quality. If you've only a CD burner, then you can create SVCDs, but the quality isn't that great.

Hope this helps.

3. mad murph

mad murph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.
    Firewire it is then, can anybody recommend a good package, I have seen Pinnacle Studio DV V8 at Dixons for 49.99 is that any good.

Thanks