Help please with sky pace rescan

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by eimal, Aug 29, 2005.

1. eimal

eimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sky pace digibox i believe its the 2500 model but recently it keeps saying no satellite signal is being received only on some channels e.g. BBC 1 and BBC2, but its showing the signal strength to be fine can you advice what I should do please. :lease:

Also I can’t receive e4 as I have no subscription to sky but it seems to be encrypted. How can I perform a system rescan please? :thumbsup:

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The signal strength readings on a Sky digibox (Services, 4, 6) show the default transponder (11.778 V) and, in any case, the signal strength bar is pretty meaningless (it's a good signal quality reading you want).

Check out your signal quality on the BBC transponders by trying to manually add them (Services 401 Select 4).

BBC channels are on:

10.773 H 22000 5/6,
    10.788 V 22000 5/6
    10.803 H 22000 5/6
    10.818 V 22000 5/6
    10.847 V 22000 5/6

3. eimal

eimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great! tried that it found most regional BBC1 channels and they work fine, so wonder what the problem is with existing BBC1 and BBC2. :smashin:

Any idea how i can get e4 and Motors tv aas mine says contact sky to upgrade package, but im just using it a s freeview box.
    Thanks

4. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    A Sky Digibox can not be used as a Freeview box. If you connect the LNB input to an aerial you are likely to damage the power supply.

5. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    They are both encrypted (subscription only) channels on satellite - part of the Sky package at 28.2E.

You cannot get Motors TV for free (but you can get E4 on digital terrestrial - if you've got a DTT receiver - and if you have DTT Freeview coverage in your area).

6. eimal

eimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sam what i meant was i have no subscription to sky and am getting the free channels only (i guess this is the same channels as the ones through freeview)

What I'm hoping to do is to a system rescan to get e4 as it currently says contact sky to upgrade but i know it is now a free channel And BBC1 and BBC2 keeps cutting out every 5 mins saying no satellite signal is being received. any ideas :confused:

7. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO...the channels you can receive via a Sky box without subscription will not mirror exactly the 'Freeview' channels. It has already been explained to you that Motors TV and E4 are part of the subscription package on Sky, therefore you cannot get them via a Sky box if you have no subscription.

As for your Satellite signal problems, it sounds like you need to either re-align your dish, and/or check your LNB input into your box. Does your Dish have clear line of sight, ie no trees/branches blowing across the dish which could be interupting your signal.

8. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The channels you can receive FTA/FTV (i.e. no subscription but a card which still decrypts ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and five) are listed HERE. You'll note neither E4 nor Motors TV are on the list and neither does the list 'mirror' the free channels on DTT.

9. eimal

eimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TrevP and Heinz121 thank you guys you've cleared things up for me!!

TrevP as for the signal cutting out i think you could be right about a tree branch blowing in the way as there was a little tree in front which is starting to grow now!!!