Help please with recording from Sky+ Planner

S

Sue

I need to make room on my sky+ planner hard drive by taping on to VCR/DVD. I have a combi VCR/DVD, with recordable DVD. I have followed the instructions - mark to copy, select, enter pin no, and go.. and then nothing happens. Can anyone advise please, as non technically as possible, please!

Mep

sorry if you are already doing this, but you know need to watch you are going to record? you can do this one by one (i.e just play it back while your vcr is recording) or by using the copy facility if you want to record more one than prog to a tape/dvd. It sometimes takes a while after pressing copy, select etc before teh prog starts playing.

S

Sue

Dear mep
Thx for replying. I thought you just marked all the progs you wanted copying and then in one big bundle they were transmuted through cyberspace and onto a video/disc; downloaded. Do you mean you can only transfer them one by one and that they have to be playing? I can't believe it?
Sue

Mep

yes I'm afraid so Sue.....the copy feature is useful if you want to set a list up and then go out for a while, but there is no quick way round it

C

Cynthia 7

I have had Sky+ for three years. I haven't tried copying with my year old tv but I did with my other one. I would put a tape in the v.c.r. and highlight which programmes I wanted on that tape, press the red copy button and go to bed. They would all be on the planner next morning. I just did as suggested in the Sky+ manual. My present tv may be more difficult as that has so many connections, CD, amp, sat, vcr, dvd, etc. but I suppose it would work in the same way, remembering to press the right connection.

Night time is best to copy or, as mep says, go out for a while as you can't watch Sky programmes at the same time.

Trending threads

Top Bottom