1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please with kv32ls60

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by par151, Jun 9, 2002.

1. par151

par151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken delivery of one of these, It looks good etc BUT is it ME, the picture seems to bend into the middle of the screen. So the picture is slightly larger at both sides and slightly narrower in the middle. This gives the impression the screen is concave. Is this the way it should be or not.
    I would appreciate some advice as to whether this is a problem?:confused:

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a KV28LS60. If it only does this in Smart mode then this is normal. This is because the 4:3 picture has to be stretched and cropped in order for it to fit the 16:9 screen. The Smart mode works by stretching the left and right sides of the picture more than the centre.

3. par151

par151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, but it does it on all formats.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - not good then seeing as mine doesn't. :( Might be adjustable via the service menu though as I think I recall there being an option in there to adjust the horizontal distribution. Would be worth getting an engineer out I reckon - if they can't adjust it then I'd go for a replacement (or a refund, but it really is a great set IMO). You could try and adjust it yourself too if you feel up to the task, but if you've never done it before I wouldn't recommend it to be honest. Let us know how you get on :)

5. par151

par151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I've thought about the service menu but as I have no experience I'll give it a miss. I will try the shop I bought it from to see if I can get an engineer out.

6. mafw

mafw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If you're not used to a flatscreen tube then sometimes the picture can look concave in comparison. Having said that many of the Sony sets that I have seen in the shops have had terrible geometry (including the local Sony centre).

7. par151

par151

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to a local sony dealer and checked out their ls60 and ls35 both sets were the same as mine. It shows up most on the text.
    I suspect it might be me not being used to widescreen.