• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please with imessage please!!!!!

Pioneerlou

Standard Member
please could someone help! my imessage used to work fine sending message to all my friends with iPhones. I have recently bought my husband an iPhone 3GS we are set up on the same I cloud account and everything was working fine until now! when I text my husband nothing happens at all and when he texts me it comes through on my phone as either my name or as an email account... I have checked settings messages and both phones have imessage on receive at the phone number is first which is Breyer out then my @me.com email address caller I'd is both ticked to phone numbers. can someone please help as very very basic knowlege with iPhones and really need to get these text messages sorted. if I turn off imessage still cant get the texts to work,

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Are you saying that you both have the same email address as one of the receive at options? I would change that as it may be causing you problems as you don't want to share imessages.

I do have the receive at options set to the same on my iphone and ipad but thats because I want to sync messages across the devices.

Pioneerlou

Standard Member
Hi yes they are both set to the same @me email account do I just add another email account and set it to that one on my husbands phone? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom